The pandemic undoubtedly ushered in a new era of work. Gone are the days when everyone worked in the office. Now, most of us work remotely or in hybrid work patterns, splitting our time between the workplace and home.
Over the next few years, we expect this trend to grow. Research shows that 67% of Australian employees worked remotely some or all of the time in 2021. Moreover, IDC predicts that by 2023, digital transformation and business volatility will drive 70% of companies worldwide to deploy remote or hybrid-first work models.
Equipping your people for the future of work
In the new world of hybrid and remote work, your people undoubtedly need new tools to facilitate productivity and flexibility. Heavy, clunky desktop computers might offer the power that your employees need, but they hinder agile work.
On the other hand, laptops are highly portable, but often lack the performance features associated with a desktop.
The downsides of relying on laptops for hybrid work
As well as lacking some performance features, laptops can also hamper employee work/life balance. Researchshows that unplugging after work hours is the biggest challenge remote workers face in their working lives.
It’s easy to understand why this happens. When an employee works in an office, they’re more likely to switch off once they leave their place of work. However, when work is home, it is more challenging to find this separation - especially if you use a highly portable device like a laptop.
Some employees may carry their laptop from room to room throughout their waking hours. Quite quickly, work from ‘anywhere’ can become work ‘all the time’, and your employees may find it hard to switch off at the end of the day.
Time and time again, research shows that a healthy work/life balance is crucial to employee retention and wellbeing, so helping your people switch off while working from home is vital.
This is where new-age desktops like HP’s All-in-One PCs and Desktop Minis become game changing.
What are HP’s all-in-one PCs and Desktop Minis?
HP’s latest range of PCs and desktop minis are specifically designed for desk-based workers who work in hybrid and remote environments. The laptops are powered by an Intel 12th Gen processor, and run on Windows 11.
They also include a range of conferencing features for superior video meeting experiences, such as dynamic voice leveling, AI-enhanced background noise reduction, and enriched cameras.
There are several different PCs to choose from, designed to suit different use cases and budgets. Contact us to find out more. We can help you find the best desktop computers for your business.
The benefits of giving your employees a desktop experience
There’s several benefits to equipping your employees with next-generation, highly-portable desktop computers, including:
- Improve work-life balance:The HP computers encourage your employees to set up a dedicated workspace in the home, which can improve work life balance.
- Portability and power: The PCs are lightweight, meaning they are easy to transport to different locations. At the same time, they have the expected power and features of a desktop.
- Enhance the employee experience:Investing in new technology for your employees shows that you care about their wellbeing, which can improve employee loyalty and retention.
- Boost productivity:With amazing features to enhance the quality of video calls and handle complex programs with ease, your employees can work seamlessly no matter where they are.
- Stay ahead of innovation:HP’s computers are repairable and upgradeable, making them a worthwhile investment that ensures you and your team keep up with the latest technology.
- Improve employee comfort:HP takes ergonomics seriously. Every PC in the range is built with full-sized, adjustable displays, keyboards and mice, so your employees can create the desktop experience that’s right for them.
While new-age desktops are also portable, employees tend to set them up in a dedicated space that they go to each day. For employee wellbeing, having this set workspace is vital.
Don’t fall behind the PC revolution!
The analyst firm Forrester recently conducted some global research, looking at how employees feel about PCs in the new world of work. The research shows that employees are keen for improved computers.
They expect that new computers will help with:
- Improved productivity (41%)
- Enhanced collaboration with better videoconferencing and sharing applications (40%)
- A more flexible work experience for hybrid-office workers (38%)
- Improved ability to deliver positive customer experiences (38%)
Start your desktop computer journey today
As hybrid and remote work become a mainstay, now is the time to ensure that your employees have the tools they need to work at their best. Don’t let old tech hold your people back. NetCare can help you choose the right desktop computers for your business - at the price that’s right for you.
Contact us today to learn more. Call (02) 9114 9920 or reach out online.